This three-day immersion experience is intended for Christian leaders burdened by the desire to create God-honoring environments that equip God’s children to be ambassadors for Christ in a diverse world.
The weekend’s limited attendance provides an intimate setting with group sessions led by our founder, Dr. Walter Strickland, and very practical breakout sessions facilitated by Strickland Institute fellows that spark productive conversation among attendees and provide deliverables to take home to your organization.
Essential to understanding the beauty of biblical diversity is recognizing the wonders of various Christian faith traditions. Colonial Williamsburg provides a unique opportunity to experience the historic roots of the African American theological tradition. Institute fellows and trained historians will walk participants through the sites and tell little heard stories about faithful brothers and sisters in Christ that will inspire us to work toward greater unity today.
The weekend’s training schedule includes 12 hours of instruction
- A deeper dive into a Biblical foundation for Diversity
- Implementing diversity initiatives including developing workshops, and group discussions
- Developing diversity practices for your organization
- How to measure progress with data, surveys, and easy ways to interpret data
Other opportunities available for the weekend:
- Discounted lodging at the Williamsburg Lodge,
- Weekend passes to the town of Colonial Williamsburg and wonderful exhibits and museums
- A guided tour of the Williamsburg African American Experience from our partners Colonial Williamsburg foundation
- Passes to Busch Gardens for a night of fun (on request)
The Strickland Institute will be an approved ACSI CEUs provider. 2 ACSI continuing education units will be available for the weekend.